The holidays are approaching and for some of you, this means hosting your nearest and dearest at your home. Below are our fool-proof tips to keeping the stress at bay while still wowing your guests.
1. The more preparation beforehand=less stress for you once your guests arrive. Choose a menu that you can cook the night before or stick in the oven for several hours before your gathering begins. One pot and crock pot meals are ideal for large family gatherings, so you can place the finishing touches together in the kitchen but not be chained to the stove during your whole party.
2. Don't overthink the decor. Sometimes simple is best. Pick up some simple greenery from your local Trader Joes, throw in some taper candles, votives, and unique flatware and china. You don't need to put together professional floral arrangements to make a big impact.
3. Create an warm and cozy ambiance by curating a playlist (or just play Pandora) that sets the tone for the evening. While you don't want the music to overpower anything, your guests will appreciate casual tunes playing throughout the day.
4. Lay out your serving pieces several days prior to ensure every dish is accounted for. The last thing you want to do is scramble for a bowl and serving spoon for the mashed potatoes that are ready to be served.
5. Pre mix cocktails. Make it easier for yourself and instead of playing bartender, serve your guests festive drinks that were pre-made in a pitcher, so they can serve themselves and keep the festivities going.