Let's face it... your friends have been invited to so many fabulous weddings across the globe at this point. How do you ensure your wedding stands out and represents you as a couple? Here are a few of our tried-and-true suggestions for personalizing your wedding.
1. Incorporate family recipes wherever possible. Whether it's a cake that has been shared within your family for generations or a spin on the classic Manhattan cocktail, share some of your family's best kept secrets with your guests as part of your menu.
2. Switch things up. Ditch the traditional sit down dinner and bring in food trucks and/or catering vendors that specialize in cuisine that you share as a couple. Because how much fun would it be to offer your guests an international sampling of you and your partner's favorite dishes?
3. Offer unique music throughout the night for your guests to experience. From a piano bar vibe to a latin trio to a silent disco (if you haven't tried this, you must!), incorporate unique music offerings throughout your wedding to surprise your guests and ensure they will forever remember your special day.
4. Don't take anything too seriously. Why not bring in a magician during the cocktail hour or a caricature artists during the reception? Wedding guests love anything novelty and off the beaten path. Even if it initially seems cheesy, trust us, your guests will love it!
5. Set the tone for your wedding with a creative save the date that incorporates different things that you share as a couple. If you make it clear from the beginning that fun is the priority, your guests will be sure to have a blast all night long.
6. Give your bridal party unconventional gifts that make an appearance in the wedding itself. How cool are these white Jordans the bridesmaids all wore once the dancing started?
7. Arrive in style on a boat, which is sure to wow your guests and feel super glam!
8. Forget the florals. Incorporate something unique into your tablescapes that will be sure to stand apart. Think rocks, coral, and organic elements you can find in nature!