We love a tented wedding because tents are blank canvases ready for your customization! That said, a "casual backyard tented wedding" can quickly add up and it's important to know your costs going into the planning process.
Why are they so expensive?
1. You have to have a Plan B in the case of inclement weather and this can often mean more tents, marquees, flooring etc.
2. Full flooring ain't cheap! Depending on the material (i.e. turf, carpet, hardwood) full flooring can cost up to $20k to cover the entire tent!
3. Depending on your guest count, plumbing and availability can be an issue with indoor restrooms, in which case, you may need to provide bathroom trailers located near the tent, which, again, will drive your overall budget up!
4. Hosting a wedding in the middle of summer or winter? You may need AC and heat and these additions can cost up to $16k.
5. Keep in mind permitting, equipment, and staff are additional costs on top of the flooring and tent costs mentioned above.